The vision of the Madison Police Department is to enhance safety and security through police services, which reflect our compassion for the quality of life for all citizens.
Madison Police Department Core Values
- Integrity - Steadfast adherence to a strict moral and ethical code.
- Compassion - Being able to understand those we serve and treat everyone fairly.
- Professionalism - Professional service is embodied in our commitment to proficiency, competency, reliability, and excellence in all aspects of our conduct and performance. Our actions are guided by the Law Enforcement Code of Conduct and we proudly pledge to fulfill our duties by being accountable to our community, our department, and to each other.
- Respect - Insure that all citizens are treated with respect regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or social prominence.
- Partnerships - Developing lasting partnerships with the public, other agencies, and within our own department to achieve our goals to make Madison a safe and inviting community.
- Courage - The quality of mind and spirit that enables us to confront and overcome the challenges of danger and adversity without fear of personal consequences with the ability to step forward and protect those who cannot protect themselves.
- Sacrifice and Duty - We recognize the hazards inherent in our profession and are willing to place the safety of others above that of ourselves.
Letter From the Chief
On behalf of the officers of the Madison Police Department, I would like to welcome all of our visitors and especially the citizens of the community we serve, to our website. Though we are a small agency with 13 sworn officers, we are faced with the same concerns as the larger departments. Our primary responsibility is the protection of life and property. We are also committed to improving the quality of life in Madison and strive to do our best for the citizens we serve. Through this website, we are attempting to inform you about the work we do and how you can assist us in being successful. No amount of technology can replace the value of citizens sharing information with our department to help us achieve our joint goal of a safe, healthy, and vibrant community. To learn more about the Madison Police Department personnel, visit our Staff Directory.
Chief of Police